We are committed to giving you the best service we can. This is possible if we work together. Please help us to help you.
What We Will Do For You
- Treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Uphold your absolute right to confidentiality in all medical matters. Your personal health information will only be shared with other health professionals involved in providing your care.
- Ensure your right to information and answers to all questions about your health.
- Give you information on the services we offer.
- Give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- Provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- Refer you to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- Refer you for a second opinion when you and your GP agree it is needed.
- Give you access to your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- Give you a full and prompt reply to any complaints you make about our services.
- Guarantee you access to a health professional within 24 hours.
What You Can Do For Us
- Please treat us with respect and courtesy at all times. Physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Please tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- Please request out-of-hours calls only in a genuine acute emergency.
- Please allow two working days for repeat prescriptions.
- Please try to keep appointments made and let us know as early as possible if you cannot attend.
- Please help reduce waiting time by letting the receptionist know if treatment or advice is to be requested for more than one patient during a surgery consultation. Remember: only one patient per appointment.
- Please telephone after 10.30am for results of investigations.
- Please ensure visits to see a doctor are within surgery times.
- Please try to help yourself by choosing sensible lifestyle measures.
- Please let us know when you change your name, address or telephone number.
If we fail to meet these standards please tell us so that we can improve our services.